Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Happies







Being a sailor,I work a 4 week on, 4 week off roster. I should be used to holidays and relaxing, but for some strange reason,I can never really relax until that glorious 6 day break between Christmas and the New Year.Wish I knew why. For the rest of the year, my time off is spent doing the usual domestications.School drop off, house work, cooking,maintenance blah blee blah. But for those magic 6 days, it's every man/women for him/her self in the Slow RPM household.Hence, books get read(love your work, Mr Richards, who would've thunk?), movies are watched(nice one,Geoffrey Rush) and a lot of miles are pedaled. Its a little late, I know, but a heap of New Year happies,y'all.

4 comments:

bikelovejones said...

I assume your movie reference is for Mr. Rush's latest, "The King's Speech"? (Sweetie and I just saw it here on New years' Day and LOVED it. Brilliant, beautiful film.)

Hope your 6 day vacation was lovely.

slow rpm said...

G'day,BLJ. You're right,it was a brilliant,beautiful film. There's nothing like seeing a good movie on new year's day with your loved one. Surprisingly,I am really enjoying the Keith Richards bio. Quite a heartfelt documentary commencing with his child hood, rather than the usual rock star posturing.I'm not going to recommend it ,though, until it comes out in paper back.

Happy cyclo crossing in the new year.

cheers,

ian

Zora Anaya said...

Love your blog!

slow rpm said...

Thanks Zora.Must say I'm pretty envious of your 'chilly' weather. Naive of me,I know. I'm sure it's a lot tougher than it looks.

cheers,

Ian