Saturday, September 3, 2011

33 1/3 RPM


I always thought CDs were pretty crappy ,to tell you the truth.That nasty little plastic cover and the hard to read 'booklet' enclosed within.LPs were much more to my liking, and not the flimsy Australian product but those beautiful American pressings with the stiff cardboard sleeve and the rock solid disc inside. I'd ride down to the local record store, pick up my eagerly awaited LP, race home, on with the head phones and spend a happy afternoon perusing the cover and listening to the sounds over and over.

So a big three cheers for Polyester Records.Been there forever and still going strong. 

6 comments:

ian... said...

Looks popular with cyclists too Ian :>)

Chandra said...

We have a stash of LPs and still play'em from time to time. They are great!

Peace :)

slow rpm said...

Ian,what can I say?I'm a luddite. Cycle to the record shop,take my purchase home,crank up the gramophone then laboriously make up a party mix cassette!

slow rpm said...

Chandra,for my birthday I was given a 'shuffle' the size of a postage stamp,which can hold a thousand songs.But still I love my vinyl.

BB said...

Thumbs up for LP's! (Still hoping Waffles is gonna sneak into a few more shots!)

slow rpm said...

Don't worry BB.There'll be loads of shots of Waffles as time goes by. You'll probably get fed up with them!