Saturday, December 17, 2011

cargo bike corner~Olex cables




I was out looking at some cargo recently when a lady shot past on a tricycle.The engineer told me they keep a fleet of them for carting stuff around the yard and anyone can just grab one and go.What struck me more than anything,was the ease with which the workers used the trikes.They just jumped on,rode to another part of the yard,got off and did what they had to do.Of course,they don't have to worry about helmets and I suspect our bike share scheme would be just as successful if they eased the helmet laws.Having to source a helmet every time you want to hop on a Blue Belle just seems to destroy the immediacy of the whole concept.

3 comments:

ian... said...

That's a nice idea (and a common sense one)

Chandra said...

Hi Ian,
Many moons ago, I almost bought something like that. They are practical and often not too expensive, which is a big plus!

Happy Holiday to you!

Paz :)

slow rpm said...

Happy holidays to the both of you,too.I can see myself riding one of these to the lawn bowls club in the not too distant future!