Tuesday, October 16, 2012

my R2W

Residents of Melbourne's southern bayside suburbs are spoiled rotten when it comes to cycle paths.I can cycle from home to work almost completely off road.I try not to gloat.

Aye aye Captain!Past the Polly Woodside I sail.
Docklands.Dame Edna claims she wouldn't live here in a fit.Oh,that misguided old coote.
See that orange ship in the distance?If you look carefully at the right hand side,you can see the ramp still coming down,which means I'll make it on time.Avast heaving,me hearties!
Only 5 minutes to go.The cars whizzing past, just meters away,miss all of this.Ducks in the winter,egrets in the summer.

Hope you all have a lovely ride to work too.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

Thanks for taking us along on your ride.....

-Trevor

slow rpm said...

No worries,PT.With summer just around the corner,I am looking forward to many more RTWs.

ian

David J said...

Yeh that's a great area to ride. I came down there to attend a conference at the convention center at Easter this year. There's a cargo bike shop right across the bridge from the Polly Woodside where I could get a brake assembly for my 3 wheeled cart.... If only they were open.

I remember the had bike paths all through port Melbourne 20 years ago! Cool!